2012年10月15日星期一

LOTUS BICYCLES

Here a weird one: a second generation Lotus Unique on ebay. According to the listing, story goes, that the previous owner wanted to build his dream bike and this bike was it. He took a super nice Lotus frame and fork and had it professionally painted and it turned out just as nice as if he had sent the frame out to Joe Bell or Cycle Art, it that nice! He then purchased all new NOS components and assembled the bike. The result is a classic road / touring bike that is definately one of a kind. It looks like the build was the adventure, because wow items the bike has very few miles since completion. You won be disappointed with this bike. The seller is crazy-this is a straight-up stock Unique, circa 1983. The custom part is pure fiction. It a nice looking bike in good shape, but don believe anything else the seller says. For some reason, Lotus mountain bikes are very appealing to me. You don see very many of them, so scarcity must be a factor. I have not noticed this Forest Green paint color until now-another bonus. According to the post, it a single owner bike as well (just the Classique listed below), and looks to be nearly all original, including the tires. Though they should be out riding, it a bonus for Lotusaficionadoswhen bikes are placed in storage for years. This Explorer looks like a museum piece. Awesome violet paint, fully chromed fork, and what looks to be an original Louts water bottle. Seller says needs a tune up, new tubes, etcetera, as it been hanging in a grage for ten years. Was the seller father bicycle, but he no longer has a place to ride. Comes with a bunch of tools and a car rack as well. For $100, this is a freakin fantastic bargin. Lordy! This first generation Grand Prix is similarly huge. It been (or perhaps was) languishing on Westchester, New York craigslist for some time. Seller claims that the bike still has the original tires and tubes, and they are both in shape and show no signs of degradation. OK! Why replace the cables and bar tape then? Why? As listed in the post: If you prefer a single-speed bike, I can set this up for you. I have all the components necessary to convert it, including a brand new freewheel and chain. The price remains the same. Please do not select this option. If you want a single speed bike, buy a Surly or SE. Leave this Lotus alone.

Usually I have much higher standards for the images that I post, but I could not help myself this time. I don recall what I was searching for (nothing important, Iguarantee), but I wow items did notice this pair of pink Lotus Super Pro Areo while wasting time. Even in their pixilated badness, they are an impressive set. Found on43bikes website, this picture is under the heading Science and is a footnote to an Araya branded bike with the same Shimano/Nitto components as the Lotus. It an interestingdissectionof the technology. I love the decimal-very exact! The image reminds me of the Sprint submission from a few days ago, where there is hearsay mention of a high school racing team, all with coral Lotus Sprints. Now I imagining herds ofidenticalLotus bikes roaming the countryside.

A brilliant Lotus Competition on Chicago craigslist. It kills me that this is a 58cm and not a 56cm frame. Damn my height! Oh yeah, I could ride it-but I know well enough it not the size wow gold for me. The red paint marks it as the earlier generation model-probably an Almost all Shimano 600 components (front and rear derailleurs, brakes, crankset). I may be wrong, but I think the shift levers are Suntour, so perhaps there was customization at some point, but I could be wrong. According to Vintage Lotus Bicycles, the early models were specified with both Suntour and Shimano, and Lotus mixed and matched. Perhaps the Suntour shipment did not come in and they went with Shimano. Some peeling paint, though it only exposes more of the chromeunderneath. I cannot tell if the wheels are the original tubulars or not. Asking $350-probably a decent price for this ride.

Hey, as promised, here my Lotus Sprint build! My friend found it at a bikeswap near Allentown, PA and bought it for the wheelset it was being sold with. He called me up and asked if I wanted a vintage track frame. Apparently it was ridden by the original owner on a track racing team in high school. I think the whole team may have ridden the coral Lotus Sprint but I not sure. It 57cm, 4130 CRMO and I can seem to figure out the year it was produced. The serial number on the seat tube is a bit worn and hard to read. The fork obviously is after-market, but the crankset is original Alero Cold-Fordged Duraluminum track cranks. Seatpost is new. Seatpost size is 26.6 fyi a lot of trouble figuring that out. It came with an after-market stem my friend took so I threw on a Nitto Jaguar stem and some risers. I going to keep a set of track drops around to throw on when the mood strikes but I live in the city and riding on drops is kinda crappy around here. It a fun ride, perfect size for me and comfortable geometry.

Wow-fantastic bike! Whether true or not, the mental buy wow gear image of a whole team of riders on coral colored Lotus Sprints is amazing. Enjoy your ride and thank you for the submission.

A clean and shiny first generation Lotus Odyssey on Portland, Oregon craigslist. It damn close to original. Even though he replaced them, the seller claims to have the Kashimax saddle and IRC tires that came with the bike. He asking $280-an amazing deal considering the condition and components (all Suntour Cyclone minus a replaced front derailleur). I found the bike online last night and can believe it still listed this wow gold morning. Perhaps he forgot to take down the post after the bike was snatched up?Quote the seller: could use new bar tape, and some new brake hoods, but since both were original, I decided to leave them as is. Yes, this is possible. This bike was Lotus foray into aluminum frames, along with the Esprit. This one looks great and appears to be mostly stock, including the branded water bottle and toe straps. Suntour 5000 drivetrain, DiaCompe Alpha 5000 brakes and aero levers,Sun Mistral M13 (an odd brand-not stock?), and Sanshin hubs. This model was a step below the Esprit in price and components, but whatever-this is a handsome bike. The white Vetta saddle, Lotus engraved handlebar, Lotus engravedheadset, and Lotus engravedfork crown are sweet details. Lotus, Lotus, Lotus! I owned one aluminum bike (I won mention brand names), and I did not like the feel of it. I would be curious to test ride one of Lotus models, to see if I could be convinced otherwise in regards to aluminum. Asking $400 on craigslist or $450+$95 shipping to Buy It Now on ebay. You could also bid on it. As of this posting: six bids totaling $50.99 (reserve not met). So many purchasing choices. Will update for $320+$95 shipping after 11 bids.

Some peculiar Lotus bikes on craigslist and ebay right now. The first is an Elite 600 in Seattle. A strange but true, 48cm small frame, with 24 front wheel and 700c rear. The standover height is just over 27 inches. As the seller claims, it would make a bike for women or kids It should be outfitted with Shimano 600EX components, and from what I can tell, it looks to be true to original form. The saddle and pedals are retrofits. I do like theAquamarine Blue paint and the strange, strange proportions of the whole thing. Asking $325.
More articles come from the:http://www.buywowgold.nl/wow-gold-us.html

没有评论:

发表评论